Are you looking to work in a creative, fun, and fast-paced environment? La Crosse Community Theatre may be the place for you!
The Technical Director plans and manages the production of all scenery and properties, lights and sound; supporting guest artists in producing work that is always professional in quality; takes a leadership role to help create and support a working and producing environment that is artistically satisfying, professional, efficient and safe; attends and lends perspective and expertise at appropriate staff and production meetings, including technical and dress rehearsals; and represents the Theatre to build positive relationships on its behalf within the profession and with others as appropriate.
Working within the vision of each guest artist to produce a finished and appropriate set in line with the allocated budget and assigned deadlines.
- Assist Production Manager with recruitment and supervision of technical production volunteers.
- Attend concept and production meetings, reply to production staff inquiries, and facilitate communication between all members of the production team, volunteers, and management.
- Collaborate with guest designers to have designs developed and approved on schedule; vet the designs for budgets, feasibility and safety; translate designs into working drawings for construction.
- Prep for builds; schedule volunteers; plan and order materials and supplies.
- Supervise and coordinate set builds so that rehearsals can safely run on set as scheduled and technical rehearsals can be fully productive.
- Run technical rehearsals with guest director, stage manager, and actors including preview night.
- Participate on various committees as necessary.
Commensurate with experience and education.
The complete job description and requirements can be found here.
To apply, please send a cover letter with salary requirements, resume, and sample portfolio pictures (if available) via mail or email to:
Producing Artistic Director
428 Front St. S
La Crosse, WI 54601
- Attend auditions, rehearsals, all performances, and strike. Attendance at production meetings preferred.
- Prepare and clean up rehearsal space, record movements of actors and props on stage, prompt actors with their lines, take notes for members of the production team, and keep track of all rehearsal props and costume pieces.
- Assist the director in creating rehearsal schedules and contact sheets.
- ‘Call the show’ for performances; guide tech crew through their cues. Stay on headset to make sure actors and crew are where they need to be and to communicate with front of house.
- Secure the building after all rehearsals and coordinate with front of house staff to secure the building after all performances.
- Complete additional duties as required by production.
Based on production
Search is ongoing
If you are interested in this contract position, please email your resume and letter of interest to Tim Harris, Production Manager. Priority given to those who have community theatre experience.