Are you looking to work in a creative, fun, and fast-paced environment? La Crosse Community Theatre may be the place for you!
Assist LCT’s technical staff with building the set for A Christmas Story from November 6, 2017 through December 7, 2017. The ideal candidate would have previous theatre building experience. The schedule for this position is 25-30 hours per week and the hours are flexible and may require some evenings and weekends.
Based on experience.
Search is ongoing
If you are interested in this contract position, please email your resume and letter of interest to Grant Golson, Executive Director.
- Attend auditions, rehearsals, all performances, and strike. Attendance at production meetings preferred.
- Prepare and clean up rehearsal space, record movements of actors and props on stage, prompt actors with their lines, take notes for members of the production team, and keep track of all rehearsal props and costume pieces.
- Assist the director in creating rehearsal schedules and contact sheets.
- ‘Call the show’ for performances; guide tech crew through their cues. Stay on headset to make sure actors and crew are where they need to be and to communicate with front of house.
- Secure the building after all rehearsals and coordinate with front of house staff to secure the building after all performances.
- Complete additional duties as required by production.
Based on production
Search is ongoing
If you are interested in this contract position, please email your resume and letter of interest to Grant Golson, Executive Director. Priority given to those who have community theatre experience.
Front-of-House Representatives are needed to assist with box office and house management activities for La Crosse Community Theatre and the Weber Center for the Performing Arts.
Ideal candidates will be interested in both Box Office and House Management, but candidates interested in, or available for, only one area may be considered.
Box Office responsibilities include: selling tickets through the OvationTix database; providing efficient and courteous customer service in person, over the phone, and via email; and executing data management projects as needed. Candidates must be reliable, organized, personable, and able to make quick decisions with grace while under pressure. Experience with computerized ticketing systems is preferred, but not required.
We are currently seeking representatives to fill daytime shifts on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays (10:45 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.). Interested parties must be available for at least one of these days each week. Some evening and weekend hours will also be required during performance weekends, dependent on availability. Performance weekend hours are Thursday-Saturday from 5:30 p.m.to 9:30 p.m. and Sundays from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. On average, there are 3 performance weekends a month.
House Management responsibilities include: preparing and opening the theatre house for performances, supervising the lobby, communicating with production staff, training and supervising volunteer ushers, ensuring the comfort and safety of patrons, and preparing reports. Candidates must be reliable, organized, personable, and able to make quick decisions with grace while under pressure. Experience with house management is welcome, but not required.
Work schedule is typically Thursdays – Saturdays from 5:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. and Sundays from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. during performance weekends. On average, there are 3 performance weekends a month.
Starting wage is $9.50 an hour.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and two references to Patron Services Manager, Mary Cate Cichock. You may also mail them to 428 Front Street South, La Crosse, WI 54601. No phone calls please.